I look forward to welcoming you and your son/daughter to Sandy Secondary School.
The School was graded as “Good” in our most recent OFSTED inspection.
We have, over the last two years, become a highly successful school built on the partnership between students, parents/guardians, staff and the local community, due to our shared vision of high aspirations. We, as a school, pride ourselves in ensuring that we achieve quality in all that we do. Our purpose is to work together to create a positive learning environment in which all students can realise their full potential. We encourage and support all our students and in return we expect high standards of work, conduct and appearance.
We recognise that moving to upper school is a big step in a child’s life. We help all our new students to settle into Sandy Secondary School quickly, so that they are happy and become active members of the school community.
We are proud of our students’ achievements. Expectations are high and examination results are consistently outstanding. Most students progress into our Sixth-Form and, each year, our Sixth-Form students leave Sandy Secondary School well equipped to make a success of degree courses at university or employment.
- An academically rigorous curriculum which promotes engagement and challenge, as well as providing breadth, balance and personalisation.
- Strong examination results at both GCSE and A-level.
- Consistently good and outstanding teaching from qualified subject specialist teachers.
- A calm and safe learning environment with very well-behaved students.
- An ethos based on positive relationships: students who enjoy their learning, with teachers who love teaching.
- A commitment to ensuring everyone achieves their full potential.
We are proud of our academic record, our extra-curricular activities, our community links and our excellent pastoral system.
Sandy Secondary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The best way to see our School, as it really is, is to visit during the normal school day. Any members of the School’s staff, or our Sixth-Form Leadership Team, are always happy to show prospective parents and students around the School and to answer any questions you may have.
I look forward to meeting you and working in partnership with you, to ensure your child achieves their full potential and achieves their dreams, through positive, enjoyable learning and being part of the Sandy Secondary School community.
Miss Karen Hayward