Course Title: Core Physical Education
Exam Board: Web link:
- All students are baselined into set groups, using a range of different sports and activities, to fully assess their range of sporting competencies.
- Baseline assessments are used to help measure student progress made over each academic year.
- Students begin being taught in specific groups. Range of activities to include 1 indoor sport and 1 outdoor sport per fortnight.
- Students also offered the opportunity to develop their range of skills through extra-curricular clubs and fixtures.
- As students move into Key Stage 4, the emphasis changes from a skills-based approach to a concept-based approach.
- Many lessons are taught with a Games-for-Understanding approach; looking at building decision making skills in pressurised competitive situations.
- Students also offered the opportunity to develop their skills through leadership programmes.
- As students approach the end of Key Stage 4, we place great emphasis on their decision making skills and tactical understanding of sports/activities.
- Students are encouraged to undertake different roles within the lesson framework: skills coach, referee/umpire and fitness coach.
- The range of activities remains the same, with 1 indoor and 1 outdoor lesson per week for most groups.