Our primary aim at Sandy Upper Sixth Form is to provide the best possible education for all our students and equip them to move on to University, Further Education or employment. We want all our students to succeed and, therefore, set them aspirational targets to motivate them to aim for the highest results possible.
Entry Requirements and Expectations
- Advanced Level qualifications are demanding courses that require two years of full-time study after GCSEs.
- Good GCSE results are essential to ensure that students are best placed to achieve at A Level.
- We expect students to have achieved at least 8 A*-C grades, including English and Mathematics, with a B grade (or merit grade at BTEC) in the subjects they wish to study, or a related subject, before taking any advanced level course. In exceptional circumstances, we may consider a lower combination of grades.
- All students will study 4 AS and/or BTEC qualifications in Year 12 plus an EPQ.
- All students will complete the Extended Project Qualification which broadens their educational experience and helps them to develop their independent research and organisational skills.
Sixth Form Induction will take place in July 2017 at school and students who are joining the school in September will be invited to attend.