Students transfer to Sandy Upper School at the start of Year 9. Our students come from a number of local middle and secondary schools. The majority of our students transfer to our Sixth Form and we also welcome applications from external applicants. In addition to the normal transfer point, we welcome in-year admissions. Initial contact can be made through the school or directly through Central Bedfordshire Local Authority.
If the number of places in a year group at the school is not sufficient to meet the requests of all the parents, then the following County criteria will be applied (in the rank order shown) to determine how the places will be allocated:
- To children ‘looked after’ in the care of Central Bedfordshire Council or resident within the catchment area;
- To students living in the catchment area;
- To other children ‘looked after’;
- On ‘very exceptional’ medical grounds;
- To siblings of students currently attending the school;
- To any other children